The Working Group 1 (WG1) of the Forum believes that the Eastern Partnership provides an opportunity for the partner countries to integrate with the European Union by developing stable democratic structures and by enabling stronger participation of civil society. The Working Group covers mainly issues on the agenda of the EaP Thematic Platform 1 on Democracy, Good Governance and Stability, including human rights.
It is the largest group in terms of members within the Forum. It meets twice per year to discuss the most pertinent issues and develop recommendations for national and international political actors.
Working Group 1 members
Membership in the EaP CSF is open to all civil society organisations from the EaP countries and EU member states that are active in the Eastern Neighbourhood. These can include grassroots organisations, trade unions, farmers’ and consumers’ organisations, think tanks, employers’ organisations, professional associations, faith-based organisations, non-profit foundations and more. Browse through the full list of our members of the Working Group 1.
WG1 in Platform 1 meetings
- 17 December 2019 – 20th Meeting of Platform 1
- 11-12 December 2019 – Stronger Together – EaP Media Conference
- 3-4 December 2019 – 17th EaP Panel on Governance and Public Administration Reform
- 21-22 November 2019 – 2nd EaP e-Democracy Conference
- 12 November 2019 – Training Seminar on Public Administration Reform
- 7 November 2019 – 13th Eastern Partnership Panel on Security, CSDP and Civil Protection
All Platform 1 meetings
- 7-8 October 2019 – “CSDP missions are a capacity building activity for EaP countries”
- 10-11 September 2019 – Rule of Law Conference
- 17 May 2019 – EaP Panel on Security, CSDP and Civil Protection
- 30 April 2019 – EaP Rule of Law Panel on Effective Asset Declaration Systems
- 3 April 2019 – Public Administration Reform Panel
- 19 February 2019 – EaP Platform 1 Meeting on Domestic Violence Legislation
- 11 December 2018 – Public Administration Reform (PAR) Panel Seminar on Decentralisation, e-Governance and Fighting Corruption
- 27 November 2018 – 4th Rule of Law Panel
- 22 November 2018 – Public Administration Reform (PAR) Seminar on Gender Equality
- 21 November 2018 – EaP CSF Joins EaP Panel on CSDP, Security and Civil Protection in Brussels – Discussing Current State of Play and Areas for Further Cooperation
- 13 November 2018 – EaP CSF Presents a Position Paper on Gender Responsive Budgeting at 15th EaP Panel on Governance and Public Administration Reform (PAR) in Prague
- 29 October 2018 – EaP CSF Participates in CSDP Communication Workshop for EaP Countries in Tbilisi – There is a Need for Coordinated Response, Learn the Participants
- 15 October 2018 – EaP CSF Takes Part in a Security Seminar on Enhanced Cooperation in Vilnius – Bringing Attention to Hybrid Threats and the Need for Joint Action
- 26 June 2018 – Corruption Challenges in Moldova and Opportunities for Change in Armenia at the Core of the EaP CSF Address to the EaP Panel on Rule of Law
- 15 May 2018 – EaP CSF Delivers a Strong Message at the Multilateral Panel on Security, CSDP and Civil Protection
- 20 April 2018 – EaP CSF delivers recommendations at the EaP Workshop on Public Administration Reform in Tbilisi
- 20 April 2018 – EaP CSF Co-chair Attends the 18th EaP Platform 1 Meeting Focused on Anti-Corruption and Justice Reforms
- 15-16 March 2018 – EaP CSF participates in the 14th EaP Panel on Governance and Public Administration Reform
- 5 December 2016 – Local and Regional Democracy in the Eastern Partnership discussed at the Platform 1 Meeting
- 22 April 2016 – Human Rights and Conflict Resolution in EaP CSF Address at Platform 1 Meeting
Working Group 1 meets twice a year – during the Annual Assembly and once again in Brussels – to discuss the common goals and activities that have been put forward through the respective Working Group structures in the respective EaP countries. The latest WG1 meeting reports can be viewed and download below.
At the beginning of each biennial delegate cycle, the delegates of each WG elect two Coordinators from among their number – one representing an organisation from an EaP country, and one representing an organisation from an EU member state. The role of WG Coordinators is to oversee and facilitate the work of the WG, including by formulating the discussion, advocacy and capacity building priorities of the group, in close collaboration with its members. The details of the current WG Coordinators for the 2020-2021 cycle can be viewed below.