The discussions of the Steering Committee, the debates at the annual Working Group meetings and within the National Platforms, the surveys from EaP CSF members, as well as the assessment of the implementation of the 2015-2017 strategy of the EaP CSF revealed that internal processes of the Forum often limited rather than facilitated achievement of removing ambitious goals that the Forum has set for itself. The expectations of the Forum as a 9-year-old entity are growing. The EaP CSF is expected to be the trusted partner who has a broad range of expertise that covers four EaP Platforms and Panels and operates in a democratic and transparent manner on all levels.
Therefore, the Steering Committee proposes to vote on the following detailed version of the holistic reform, the basis of which has already been presented to the Annual Assembly participants in Tallinn in 2017. The proposal up for a vote to the current EaP CSF delegates (those who attended the Annual Assembly in 2017 in Tallinn).
In this section, we would like to provide you with additional material on the reform itself and its benefits for theEaP CSF, the process of voting for the reform and the process of implementation the reform in practice. If you have any questions, please consider checking our FAQ section at the bottom of this page. If your question is not among those listed, feel free to contact us via: email@example.com until September 28. After collecting and evaluating your responses, the Steering Committee members will provide you with answers via video recording, which will be available here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
- Why is this reform necessary?
The reform is necessary because the expectations of the Forum are growing but the current internal processes often become a limitation. Therefore, the reform will allow to build, maintain and use the expertise of the Forum members for the prolonged period of 2 years, which will result in more effective participation in all formats of the EaP. The proposed 2-year cycle will also help with the strategic planning and the implementation, allowing for more consistent steps to achieve the goals by the second year of the 2-year cycle without the disruptive change of members for every Annual Assembly.
- What will change with this reform?
Among many improvements proposed, you will find:
- Annual Assemblies will become more content-focused due to the time freed by the shift of election matters to Working Groups meetings and National Platforms meetings.
- The reformed delegate selection mechanism will empower the National Platforms and allow using their first-hand knowledge of the track-record of the applicants and ensure the inclusion of the members with expertise in all thematic directions.
- The adoption of the Code of Conduct of the EaP CSF and establishment of the Arbitration Committee will result in new mechanisms for ensuring the value-based operation of the EaP CSF at all the levels.
- Will we have elections of a new Steering Committee during AA2018, if the reform is passed?
If the reform is passed, the current Steering Committee will continue with their duties for the transition period of 2018-19, until election at the WG/NP meetings before June 2019.
- Will the Annual Assemblies be maintained?
Yes, the Annual Assembly will continue as a yearly event of the Forum. However, the focus will change to a content-oriented work. The AA will focus more on thematic policy dialogue with stakeholders, using the results of Re-granting projects, WG and NP outputs, adoption internal matters, such as annual reporting and other decisions.
- How and when can I vote on the reform?
Voting on the proposal will open on 11 October 2018 (Thursday) and the deadline for voting will be 30 October 2018 (Tuesday). To vote on the document, on 11 October you will receive an email with a link to cast your vote.
- What does voting as package mean?
Voting as a package means that you have one vote for 8 changes that are introduced in the proposal. You cannot vote for just one of the aspects, but leave the other unchanged.
- Who can vote?
Only one representative per organization who is currently a Participant (= was invited to attend the Annual Assembly in Tallinn in 2017) will be able to cast a vote.
- Can I vote more than once?
Please note that you will be able to vote only once.
- I changed my mind and would like to change my vote, how can I do that?
You can vote only once and it will not be possible to change your vote afterwards.
- It’s after 11 October but I still didn’t receive any link to vote, what should I do?
Make sure to check your spam folder! If there is nothing there, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check this for you.
- How many votes are needed to pass the reform?
According to our statutes, we need to reach a quorum of 2/3 of the delegates. In numbers that means we have to receive at least 102 votes. Therefore, you are strongly encouraged to vote. Your vote is essential!
- How can I make sure that my vote is secured?
Voting is personal and anonymous, which means the system will recognize if you have voted, however the way you voted will remain secret.
- What will happen if I don’t vote?
In case of absence of the quorum (2/3 of the delegates), the voting will be considered as failed. Your vote is essential and we encourage you to be active.