EaP CSF Steering Committee
The Steering Committee (SC) is the second highest decision-making representative body of the Forum, with a mandate from civil society organisations in the EaP countries and EU member states. It serves as the governing board of the EaP CSF. It reports to the General Assembly and is supported in its work by the EaP CSF Secretariat. The SC consists of 13 members elected for a two-year term:
- Six National Facilitators elected from current delegates and by current delegates (or in some cases by National Platform members) across the six Eastern Partnership countries;
- Five Working Group Coordinators elected by current delegates of each Working Group of the Forum;
- Two EU Facilitators elected from among the EU Working Group coordinators (on a rotation basis).
All members of the Steering Committee act on a voluntary basis. The SC convenes minimum four times per year to discuss key topics at stake for the Forum, provide strategic oversight, and launch advocacy initiatives. The SC shares numerous responsibilities that include among others:
- representing the Forum at the highest levels both in the EaP countries and in the EU;
- developing concepts for further development within the Forum and priorities for its activities;
- promoting EaP CSF values, goals, and activities;
- advocating on behalf of the Forum
- engaging representatives of National Platforms, Working Groups, and Sub-groups in the activities of the Forum;
- sharing information with EaP CSF membership and with the broader stakeholder community.