Working Group 5
About Working Group 5
Working Group 5 has a number of policy priorities which it seeks to add to the EaP’s agenda, including:
- Establishing a new EaP policy pillar focusing on social dialogue, labour migration and employment policies as priorities in their own right;
- Promoting stronger social dialogue as an essential dimension and moves toward sustainable, resilient and integrated economies;
- Promoting the adoption and implementation of European norms and international standards defined by the Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, the European Social Charter, the European Pillar of Social Rights and the International Labour Organisation;
- Raising awareness on the benefits of strong social dialogue among EaP governments and civil society and promoting fundamental social values such as social justice, cohesion and equality;
- Supporting a fair labour mobility between the EU and EaP countries, as well as among EaP countries, focusing on a fair pay and decent working conditions.
Working Group 5 members
Membership of the EaP CSF WG5 is open to all civil society organisations from the EaP countries, and to EU-based organisations active in the Eastern Neighbourhood and actively focusing on the improvement of labour and social policies. These can include trade unions, employers’ organisations, professional associations, grassroots organisations, farmers’ and consumers’ organisations, think tanks, faith-based organisations, non-profit foundations and more. Browse through the full list of Working Group 5 members below.
Re-granting Projects to WG5
Latest WG5 meetings
Working Group 5 meets twice a year – once in Brussels or an EaP country, and again during the Forum’s Annual Assembly – to discuss the common goals and activities that have been put forward through the respective Working Group structures of the EaP CSF National Platforms. The latest WG5 meeting reports can be viewed and downloaded below.