Call for Research Teams Recruitment Consultant
Call for experts to coordinate the recruitment of research teams to develop nine policy papers on the effects of COVID-19 in the Eastern Partnership countries
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is looking for experts/teams of experts to coordinate the recruitment of research teams to develop nine policy papers on the effects of COVID19 on the selected sectors in the Eastern Partnership countries.
In light of the current COVID-19 pandemic, EaP CSF aims to contribute to shaping the public policies in the EaP region, using the potential for change offered by the crisis. In the course of the upcoming months (September 2020 – February 2021), EaP CSF will produce a series of policy papers assessing the impact of COVID-19 on thematic areas identified as a priority by the Working Groups (WG) of the Forum. The papers will:
● Analyse how the crisis affected certain policy areas identifying threats and opportunities for the medium and long-term;
● Assess the implementation of specific EaP 2020 deliverables identified as priorities in each policy paper;
● Demonstrate policy-driven solutions and recommendations (development of mitigation and adaptation strategies will be an essential part of the papers);
● Provide a comparative regional perspective and identify lessons learned from both the EaP and the EU;
● Be based on consultations with EaP CSF membership;
● Be peer-reviewed.
Although each policy paper will have a specific thematic focus, they will fit under one broad common vision and will be produced under one umbrella as part of an EaP CSF series.
The primary target audience of the papers are EaP governments and EU decision-makers; secondary – civil society, academia and broader audience. (for more details regarding each topic, see Annex 2).
Duties, responsibilities and expected results
The selected expert/s will elaborate specific Terms of Reference for the recruitment of research teams that will develop the policy papers’ series (Task 1). They will participate in the selection of research teams for a selected number of policy papers (Task 2). The experts can select a certain number of selection processes that they have the expertise to participate in. The experts will provide further detailisation of the TORs for the selected research teams (Task 3). The experts should identify for which topics they possess relevant expertise to work with the selected team on the detailisation of the TORs. The selected experts will work closely with the EaP CSF Secretariat and with a dedicated Steering Committee Task Force.
Depending on his/ her expertise and availability (clearly expressed in the application for this call), the expert(s) should be involved in at least two Tasks.
1. Recruitment phase:
− Period for questions about the assignment: until 28/08/2020. The Secretariat is available to provide clarification to the published TORs during this period.
− Application deadline: 1/09/2020. Applications will be considered on the rolling basis and the positions may be filled before the deadline.
− Selection and signature of the contract with the expert(s): by 3/09/2020
2. Discussion of the expert with EaP CSF Secretariat and Task Force to contextualise the assignment and understand the scope of work: by 8/09/2020
3. First draft of the TORs: by 16/09/2020
4. Comments by Secretariat and Task Force by 18/09//2020
5. Final draft of the Terms of Reference: by 20/09/2020
6. Selection of the research teams: first half of October
7. Refinement pre-research details: end of October
Location of the assignment: home-based
- Postgraduate university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in relevant discipline (International Relations, Political Science, Sociology, etc.), preferably with a focus on the Eastern Partnership region;
- Good understanding of the peculiarities of the Eastern Partnership policy;
- Extensive research experience;
- Experience in designing Terms of Reference, ideally for the recruitment of research experts;
- Excellent written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work remotely and across teams located in different countries;
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by 1 September 2020 by sending the following documents to email@example.com (Subject line: EaP CSF – COVID19 policy papers expert):
- CV (in English, maximum 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (in English, maximum 1 page), in which the candidate mentions his/her qualifications for the assignment and includes the financial proposal (specifying daily amount and the number of hours the expert is available for)
- The filled in table (Annex 1) clearly stating the tasks (1,2,3) and the research topics (9 in total) for which the expert is applying.