The majority of the selected proposals were developed under the priorities of the Working Group 1 “Democracy, Human Rights, Good Governance & Stability”, Working Group 3 “Environment, climate change and energy security” and Working Group 4 “Contacts between People” and cover at least three Eastern Partnership countries.
The selection process included:
- selection of proposals that should be potentially supported based on the rating and comments of the Selection Committee’s individual members
- discussion of each proposal and the Selection Committee agreement on recommendations, as well as on the grants’ amounts
The level of participation was high with many applications of good quality and with the requested amount that exceeded several times the total budget available for this scheme. It is our hope that the EaP CSF will be able to provide sub-grants for a greater number of projects the next year.
Working Group 1: Democracy, Human Rights, Good Governance and Stability
- Adopting Experience on Bilateral EU-Moldova and EU-Georgia CS Platforms to Armenia (Eurasia Partnership Foundation, Armenia)
- Eastern Partnership Think Tank Forum 2017 (Institute for European Policies and Reforms, Moldova)
- Cooperation between civil society and governments in Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia: challenges and way forward (Prague Security Studies Institute, Czech Republic)
- Inclusion in Action (Union of Organizations of People with Limited Abilities, Moldova)
- Capacity development for gender subgroups of National Platforms in Armenia, Georgia, Belarus and Ukraine (Women’s Resource Centre, Armenia)
Working Group 2: Economic Integration & Convergence with EU Policies
- Benefitting from EU open market: SMEs practical guide to DCFTA learning from experience of Latvia (Association of Women in Business, Georgia)
- Enhancing the role of civil society and SME from Eastern Partnership countries in the implementation of European standards (Center for Innovation and Policies, Moldova)
Working Group 3: Environment, Climate Change and Energy Security
- Energy watchdog coalition (Expert Forum, Romania)
- Smart waste management in Eastern Partnership Countries (Good Deeds, Ukraine)
- Advancing Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine for the European Environmental Governance Reforms (MAMA-86, Ukraine)
Working Group 4: Contacts between People
- Everybody Counts: Rural Youth Empowerment in Eastern Partnership Countries (Armenian Progressive Youth, Armenia)
- Ageing and intergenerational solidarity- advocating age-friendly policies in Eastern Partnership countries (Coalition Homecare, Georgia)
- Creative Europe Forum (Golden Apricot Fund for Cinema Development, Armenia)
Working Group 5: Social & Labour Policies and Social Dialogue
- The impact of social dialogue on the optimization of labor migration in Moldova, Belarus and Ukraine (Labour Institute, Moldova)
- Step forward to social services decentralization in Eastern Partnership countries (Research-Intellectual Club “Dialogue of Generations”, Georgia)
WG1: Capacity development for gender subgroups of National Platforms in Armenia, Georgia, Belarus and Ukraine
Lead organisation: Women’s Resource Centre (AM); Partners: Belarusian Organisation of Working Women (BY), Women’s Political Resources Center (GE), Bureau of Gender Strategy and Budgeting (UA)
Svetlana Karalova received the award on behalf of the project consortium.
WG2: Enhancing role of civil society and SMEs from EaP countries in implementation of European standards
Lead organisation: Center for Innovation and Policies from Moldova (MD); Partners: Georgia’s Reforms Associates GRASS (GE), Strategic and Security Studies Group (UA)
Ludmila Stuparu from the lead organisation received the award on behalf of the project consortium.
WG3: Energy Watchdog Coalition
Lead: Expert Forum (RO); Partners: World Experience for Georgia (GE), ASPE (MD), Dixi Group (UA)
Anna Otilia Nutu from the lead organisation received the award on behalf of the project consortium.