Project Development Consultant
Call for a project development consultant
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is looking for a project development consultant to help design the project that will fund the major operational and programmatic needs and objectives of the EaP CSF for the 2021-2023 period.
Duties, responsibilities and expected results
The EaP CSF is finishing its current 3-year project funded by the EC in February 2020, the evaluation of which it has conducted in April-June 2020. The consultant will help the EaP CSF develop a new 3-year project to be funded by the EU that will cover the major strategic objectives of the EaP CSF for the period 2021-2023. Though the current strategy of the EaP CSF only covers the period until the end of 2021 and the development of the new strategy will start in early 2021, the project has to envision the needs and objectives of the Forum beyond the current strategy period and until the end of 2023.
Based on the current EaP CSF strategy, project evaluation report, results of the internal discussions of the Steering Committee and results of the members’ surveys, the consultant will prepare and conduct 2 half- day brainstorming sessions with the Steering Committee and the Secretariat of the EaP CSF. Based on the results of the session, results of the members’ survey and current project documentation the consultant will develop the logical framework including the hierarchy of objectives, results, preliminary activities and indicators. The consultant will also develop a detailed list of activities that can serve as a foundation for the new project’s description of action. The consultant will elaborate a risk assessment document and a mitigation strategy.
Indicative timeline of the assignment
1. Research phase (2 working days) late August – early September
– Discussion with EaP CSF Secretariat to contextualise the assignment
– Desk research of the background documents
– Preparation of the brainstorming sessions with the EaP CSF Steering Committee
2. Facilitation of the brain-storming sessions with the Steering Committee (during the period from 9 to 18 September) (1 working day split into two parts) and drafting of the report (1 day)
3. Developing and launching an online survey with EaP CSF members (TBC) (3 working days) second half of September
4. Analysis of the results of the survey and production of the report (1,5 working day) early October
5. Drafting logical framework including the hierarchy of objectives, results, preliminary activities and indicators, as well as a risk assessment document and a mitigation strategy. The consultant will develop an analytical summary of the SC brainstorming and the results of the members’ survey that will serve as a foundation for the new project’s description of action.
(6 working days)
– First draft submission by 15/10/2020
– Comments by Secretariat and Task Force by 21/10/2020
– Final drafts by 30/10/2020
Expected workload: maximum 15 working days
Location of the assignment: home-based
- University degree in relevant discipline;
- Excellent understanding of the EaP region;
- Extensive experience in designing complex projects;
- Deep knowledge of methods for interactive group work facilitation;
- Extensive experience in group facilitation;
- Knowledge of the EC requirements towards project documents such as logical framework and description of action;
- Experience in designing surveys;
- Good understanding of the operations of network;
- Good understanding of the EaP CSF operations;
- Structured and analytically minded;
- Excellent written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work remotely and across teams located in different countries;
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by Tuesday, 18 August 2020 by sending the following documents to email@example.com (Subject line: EaP CSF – project development consultant)
- CV (maximum 2 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English)
- Financial proposal (specifying a daily rate)
Only selected candidates will be contacted by the EaP CSF Secretariat.