Index and Membership traineeship
Call for an Index and Membership trainee
We are looking for an intern to start in February 2021 and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months to support the work of the EaP Index and Membership Manager and the Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager.
Description of the role
The selected trainee will assist in the production of the EaP Index and managing relations with EaP CSF members and internal communications with them, including working on and updating the EaP CSF database of members. S/he will also provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and event management tasks, in particular related to the organisation of the EaP CSF Working Group meetings.
Profile of the candidate
- Is a recent graduate in European Studies, International Relations or other related field;
- Has a good understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
- Has an excellent command of Excel (the cover letter should mention where it was acquired);
- Has at least a basic understanding of statistics, and is able to convert questionnaire results into qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Has an advanced command of English (compulsory) and Russian (desirable), with proven drafting ability; any other language from the EaP region is an advantage;
- Preferably has experience using Infogr.am or other data visualization tool and MailerLite (or other mail manager software);
- Preferably has experience using national and international statistical databases (OECD, UN, EUROSTAT);
- Is flexible to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- Is available to work from home;
- Has the capacity to work independently;
- Has a very high attention to details;
- Is available to start at the beginning of February – mid February at the latest;
- Data gathering;
- Database management;
- Conducting desk research on different aspects of EaP countries policies;
- Performing event management tasks related to the organisation of the EaP CSF events;
- Drafting texts, emails and reports;
- Liaising with members of the Forum and contacts in Brussels and EaP countries;
- Working on the EaP CSF membership database and mailing lists;
- Assisting on internal statutory processes.
What we offer
- Internship stipend covering daily expenses;
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
- Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
- Working experience in Brussels (depending on COVID-19 measures) in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills.
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page)
- Candidates are also encouraged to submit one recent writing sample (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples).
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Pre-selected candidates will be asked to perform a quick test between January 18-20. Interviews will be conducted via Skype at the end of January (between January 25 – 29, 2020).
Even with the possibility of working from home for most part of the internship (pending COVID-19 measures), the traineeship is considered as based in Brussels and the candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium.