Digital Event Strategist(s)
Call for Digital Event Strategist(s) for the EaP CSF Annual Assembly 2020
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is looking for a digital event strategist/s to design the online Annual Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum.
The Annual Assembly is the key event of the Forum, organised yearly since 2009. It serves as a platform for debate on the achievements of the Forum and the EaP in general, as well as on civil society contribution to the reform process in the region. Every year the event brings together over 300 civil society representatives from the EaP region and the EU, as well as stakeholders from Brussels and beyond.
This year, due to the looming uncertainty of an extended or recurring COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 Annual Assembly will be organised online or almost fully online, from 7 to 11 December 2020.
Beside the unfortunate circumstances that prevent us from convening for our flagship event of the year, the online format could open a new window of opportunity in terms of engaging with our broader membership, reaching out to non-members civil society organisations, experts and stakeholders from EaP and EU member states, experimenting with innovative meeting formats, making use of the diverse functionalities of conferencing platforms, and many others.
Duties, responsibilities and expected results
Since organising the Annual Assembly (AA) online will be a first for both the EaP CSF leadership and membership, the organisers aim to collaborate with digital event strategist/s to develop a detailed concept of the online event with some off-line elements. It will include innovative formats for linking with the EaP CSF membership, including National Platforms of the EaP CSF. The selected expert/s will work closely with the EaP CSF Secretariat and a dedicated Steering Committee Task Force.
The expert will:
- Create a strategy for the online organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly that will take into account the legacy of the previous Annual Assemblies, the needs and the expectations of the Forum and its membership, and limitations of the online format;
- Recommend how the traditional AA sessions can be adjusted to on-line format;
- Propose new types of sessions that can be adopted for the online Annual Assembly and allow it to achieve its goals;
- Propose a detailed all-in methodology for the whole event and each of its sessions including the formats, numbers of speakers, type of facilitation and interaction with the audience that will provide variety and interactivity;
- Advise the organisers on the best-suited technical solutions and formats available for the organisation of online big events;
- Propose adequate solutions to possible decreased audience engagement in an online event;
- Develop a plan for the pre-event and post-event communication and interaction with the participants and platforms that can be used for that;
- Have an advisory role in the selection of the service provider with which the Forum will work on event organisation and ensure that the selected offer meets the needs of the EaP CSF.
- University degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in relevant discipline (Event Management, Marketing, Strategic Communications, Social Media, etc.);
- Extensive experience in designing concepts/methodologies for large events/sessions/meetings in online and offline format;
- Deep knowledge of methods for interactive group work facilitation;
- Extensive knowledge of digital tools increasing participation and engagement;
- Firm grasp of emerging digital solutions for event management;
- Creative, web and multimedia savvy;
- Excellent written communications skills in English;
- Ability to work remotely and across teams located in different countries;
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines.
1. Recruitment phase:
– Applications deadline: 27/08/2020
– Selection: by 01/09/2020
– Signature of the contract with the expert: 01 – 07/09/2020
2. Research phase (1 working day)
– Discussion with EaP CSF Secretariat and Task Force to contextualise the assignment and understand the scope of work by 01 – 07/09/2020
– Desk research to understand the EaP CSF Annual Assembly legacy and the needs of the Forum: between 01-07/09/2020
3. Strategy elaboration phase (6 working days)
– First draft of the strategy by 14/09/2020
– Comments by Secretariat and Task Force by 21/09/2020
– Final draft of the Strategy by 28/09/2020
4. Advisory role in the selection of AA service provider (0,5 working day)
– Participate in the selection of the AA service provider: between 28-30/09/2020
Expected workload: maximum 8 working days
Location of the assignment: home-based
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by Thursday, 27 August 2020 by sending the following documents to [email protected] (Subject line: EaP CSF – digital event strategist):
- CV (maximum 2 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English)
- Financial proposal (specifying a total lump sum amount for the task specified in this call)