Traineeship with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum Secretariat
Call for Applications: Index and Membership Traineeship
We are looking for a trainee to start late March 2022 / beginning of April 2022 (at the latest) and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months. S/he will support the work of the EaP Index Manager and of the Membership Manager.
Description of the role
The selected trainee will assist in the production of the EaP Index and managing relations with EaP CSF members and internal communications with them, including working on and updating the EaP CSF database of members. S/he will also provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and re-granting-related tasks.
Profile of the candidate
- Is a recent graduate in Statistics, Economics, Data Management, Sociology, European Studies, Law, International Relations, or other related field;
- Has a good understanding of the workings of the European Union, its policy initiatives focused on the Eastern Partnership, and is interested in learning more about the civil society involvement in the region;
- Has an excellent command of Excel (the Cover Letter should mention where it was acquired);
- Has a good understanding of statistics, and is able to convert questionnaire results into qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Has an advanced command of English (compulsory) and a good command of Russian (desirable) with proven drafting ability;
- Preferably has experience working with at least one data visualization tool (i.e. Infogram, Tableau, Flourish) and at least one mail manager software (i.e. MailerLite);
- Preferably has experience using national and international statistical databases (OECD, UN, EUROSTAT);
- Preferably has experience or is interested in learning more about membership strategies (acquisition, retention, good membership practices);
- Is detail-oriented with good critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Is available to work from home;
- Has the capacity to work independently;
- Is available to start late March– early April 2022, at the latest
- Data gathering;
- Participation in the analysis and needs assessment of the members of the Forum and contribution to the development of the capacity building activities;
- Preparation of bimonthly newsletter about updates from the members of the Forum;
- Conducting desk research on different aspects of EaP countries policies;
- Drafting texts, emails and reports;
- Liaising with the members of the Forum and contacts in Brussels and EaP countries;
- Database management and keeping the EaP CSF membership database and mailing lists up-to-date
What we offer
- Traineeship stipend covering daily expenses (CIP – Convention d’Immersion Professionnelle);
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
- Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
- Working experience in Brussels (depending on COVID-19 measures) in a young and dynamic international team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend conferences, networking events (upon availability);
Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- Cover letter in English (max. 1 page)
If applicable, candidates are also encouraged to submit one recent writing sample (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples).
The applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: “EaP CSF Index and Membership Traineeship” by Wednesday, 02 March 2022, 23:59 CET.
Pre-selected candidates will be asked to fill in an Excel based test during March 7-11, 2022. Successful candidates will be interviewed between March 14-18, 2022.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted and will be invited to perform a short test to assess their drafting abilities (in English) and Excel skills. Based on their performance, selected candidates will be invited to the final interview. Interviews will be conducted via Zoom.
Even with the possibility of working from home for most part of the traineeship (pending COVID-19 measures), the traineeship is considered as based in Brussels and the candidates must have a work-permit and must be legally entitled to work in Belgium throughout the whole period of their traineeship.