Call for Finance and Grants Manager
The Secretariat of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF Secretariat) is accepting applications for the position of Finance and Grants Manager, who will be responsible for the financial and grants management of the new EU-funded project of the EaP CSF, which includes a large Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP) component. This role will also assist the Project Director with the operational project management activities, and deputise him/her when required. The role will preferably be based in Brussels, Belgium.
Start date: early July 2021
Type of contract: 30 months part-time (50%) employment contract with EaP CSF Secretariat (with possibility of extension)
Specific duties of the Financial and Grants Manager include:
Financial management of the project
- Responsible for the financial management of the project in accordance with donor (EU) requirements. This includes project accounting, audit, budgetary controls, procurement, monitoring of project and financial performance/progress, contracting and disbursing funds to local partners in the EaP countries and the EU MSs;
- Provide financial analysis for planning and decision-making of the project Board and Project Director;
- Monitor budgets and recommend effective approaches to track and manage budgets;
- Process a limited number of financial transactions, including invoices, purchase orders;
- Prepare monthly submissions to the accountant for bookkeeping;
- Prepare contracts and liaise with service-providers and consultants to ensure satisfactory delivery of services;
- Manage cash flow;
- Liaise with auditors to prepare project audit;
- Prepare project financial reports in accordance with the terms and conditions specified by donors;
- Provide input into the development of the funding strategy and co-financing;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Ensure accurate, timely, efficient and transparent management of grants by the partners;
- Ensure compliance with donors’ requirements and keep up-to-date with these requirements;
- Responsible for the proper implementation of the procurement procedures by the project including the local partners;
- Supporting the local partners in launching and administration of the Financial Support to Third Parties that would be in compliance with the donor’s requirement, including developing general guidelines, selection procedure, revising contracts with grantees, ensuring timely disbursement of instalments, ensuring adequate and timely receipts of financial reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, International Management, Business Administration, International Affairs or another related field;
- Demonstrated 5-years’ experience in budgeting and financial reporting for large projects with multiple partners;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administering Financial Support to Third Parties (FSTP);
- In-depth knowledge of funding and procurement rules and requirements of the European Union;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Strong ability to establish priorities, work within tight timelines and multi-task;
- Ability to function effectively in a geographically dispersed team;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience;
- Ability to exercise the highest level of discretion and confidentiality in carrying out the duties;
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills who thrives in a multi-cultural environment;
- Sound coordination, administrative, networking, and collaborative skills;
- Excellent knowledge of English.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge and interest in the countries of the Eastern Partnership;
- Experience of working in countries with unfavourable environment for civil society;
- Experience in setting up procedures and regulations in a project;
- Knowledge of Russian.
The EaP CSF Secretariat offers:
- An interesting role at the Secretariat of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum;
- Attractive remuneration and benefits package;
- Be part of a friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district;
- Excellent networking opportunities.
Please submit (in English) the application package to email@example.com with ‘Finance and Grants Manager’ in the subject of your email by 11 June 2021, 12:00 CET. Application package should include:
- Your CV;
- A one-page motivation letter;
- Names and contacts of two references.