Traineeship with the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum Secretariat
Call for Applications: Administrative and Advocacy Trainee
We are looking for a trainee with a valid work permit in Belgium to start on Wednesday, 23 February 2022, and work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months to support the work of the EaP Advocacy Manager and the Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager.
Description of the role
The selected trainee will provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and event management tasks, and will assist in the development and implementation of policy and advocacy priorities of the Forum.
Profile of the candidate
- Has a good understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
- Is a recent graduate in European Studies, International Relations, Political Science, or other related field;
- Has an advanced command of English with proven drafting ability; knowledge of any other language from the EaP region, notably Russian, is an advantage;
- Has a good level of proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point and is keen to explore other digital tools and software;
- Is flexible to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small team;
- Has the capacity to work independently;
- Is able to meet deadline while maintaining attention to details;
- Is available to start his/ her traineeship in the coming weeks (23 February 2022)
- Is available to work from home and from the Brussels-based office of EaP CSF;
- Has a valid work permit that allows him/ her to work in Belgium
- Assisting and supporting the team with the organisation of online events (i.e. drafting invitations, liaising with invitees, assisting with registration, and preparing briefing/technical notes, post-event reports, etc.)
- Drafting statements, policy papers and briefing documents, advocacy letters to support EaP CSF’s advocacy priorities;
- Conducting desk-based research on topics of interest for the Forum;
- Drafting e-mails and reports;
- Liaising with members and delegates of the Forum;
- Liaising with Belgian authorities, EaP countries’ Embassies in Brussels, EU institutions and agencies;
- Assisting with internal statutory matters
What we offer
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform/network organisation;
- Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team (depending on ongoing COVID-19 measures in Belgium);
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills;
- Remuneration according to a CIP (‘professional immersion contract’), which will provide the successful candidate with a traineeship allowance of 829.20 EUR/ per month
Interested candidates should submit the following documents in PDF:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages) titled “CV_First name Last name”
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page) titled “Motivation letter_First name Last name”
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: “EaP CSF Admin & Advocacy traineeship” by Friday, 11 February at 15h00 CET. The applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Pre-selected candidates will be invited to participate in an interview that will be conducted online, via Zoom or Google Meet. Interviews will be held between 16-18 February.
Candidates must have a valid work permit in Belgium (unfortunately, no assistance can be provided to those who need to obtain visas or Work Permits in Belgium).
Calum Robert Thomson
Administrative and Statutory Processes Manager
Tel: +32 2 893 25 86