EaP CSF Re-Granting (FSTP) to members 2022, Lot 3
Better resilience and safety in liberated territorial communities in the Chernihiv region
This project aims to strengthen the resilience and capacity of both local authorities and residents of affected pilot territorial communities of the Chernikiv region in Ukraine to effectively rebuild themselves during the war/post-war periods. The emphasis is put on promoting local’s safety with the elaboration of Recovery Scenarios, insuring the acquisition of medical assistance skills, and developing greater awareness of safety from explosive devices.
At a glance
Lead organisation: Civic organisation “Dobrochyn Center”
Project duration: September 2022 – January 2023
- Local authorities effectively deal with the impacts of the Russian full-scale invasion. 65% growth in developing and executing the activities aimed at economic recovery as well as human capital recovery.
- Greater stakeholders’ awareness about the safety of explosive devices and better skills in medical assistance. 70% growth (acquired skills & greater awareness).
- Youth and children of pilot territorial local communities. They were educated on how to keep safe from unexploded remnants of war in a creative way: with the help of the famous sapper dog Patron.
- Population of pilot territorial local communities. They obtained objective and reliable information on demining and on how to keep safe from unexploded remnants of war. They were also trained on how to adequately respond in extreme situations and provide first aid. Women with children and elderly persons received the needed medical assistance. Residents were engaged in the elaboration of the Drafts of Recovery Scenarios in each pilot community.
- Local authorities of pilot territorial local communities. They were actively involved in the elaboration of the Drafts of Recovery Scenarios. The project helps to enhance the resilience of communities to rebuild effectively during war/post-war periods.