EaP CSF Re-Granting (FSTP) to members 2021, Lot 3, Project 3
Promotion of modern international standards of children’s rights: deinstitutionalisation and humanisation of closed institutions in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine
Anti-Discrimination Centre Memorial Brussels with its project partners from three EaP countries will address the sensitisation of existing legislation to children rights and international standards based on direct work with beneficiaries. The project will monitor closed institutions and detention places and will raise awareness of stakeholders and general society about cases of ill-treatment.
At a glance
Lead organisation: Anti-Discrimination Centre Memorial Brussels (Belgium)
- International Centre for Civil Initiatives “Our House” (Belarus)
- “AVE Copiii” Association (Moldova)
- Women’s Consortium of Ukraine (Ukraine)
Project duration: 15 April 2021 – 15 December 2021
Project aim: The aim of the project is the alignment of national legislations, intergovernmental agreements, policies or practices regulating treatment of children in closed institutions within contemporary international children’s rights standards and their sensitisation to children’s rights issues in Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Video clip devoted to the problem of torture and violence against children in closed institutions
- Final program by Magnolia-TV, dedicated to the problems of children in places of deprivation of liberty in Ukraine, the probation and prevention system
- Animation devoted to the rights of migrant children to family life and education, the problem of separation from their parents and immigration detention in closed institutions – orphanages, police reception centers, hospitals
Illustrated web-publication “School crisis and the rights of the child” on the challenges related to the negative impact of pandemic and hostile environment on children in closed institutions