Job opportunity with Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Job vacancy: EaP Index Manager
The Secretariat of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum is looking to fill in the position of EaP Index Manager for a period of 7 months (maternity replacement).
Description of the role
The Manager performs a wide variety of professional level management duties involving collaborating with a high number of stakeholders and consultants, project management and event organisation. Reporting directly to the Director of the Secretariat, he/she serves as the manager of the EaP CSF flagship project EaP Index and of the EaP CSF Working Group 3 Environment, Climate Change and Energy Security, overseeing the groups’ meetings and participation in the EaP architecture.
Job location: Brussels, Belgium (working remotely following COVID-19 dispositions)
Start date: 1 July 2021
Type of contract: full-time fixed-term employment contract (maternity replacement) (July 2021 – January 2022)
About EaP Index
The Eastern Partnership Index is a composite index charting the progress made by the six Eastern Partnership countries towards sustainable democratic development and European integration. The Index measures steps taken on the path towards good governance, including the observance and protection of democracy and human rights, sustainable development, and integration with the European Union. More about its methodology can be read here.
Duties and Responsibilities
EaP Index management (65%)
- Ensure the quality delivery of data and narrative assessment of sectoral reports;
- Work closely with the editor for the review of the reports, providing directions to ensure that recommendations follow EaP CSF main advocacy messages (developed in coordination with EaP CSF colleagues);
- Organise focus groups for the discussion of the results;
- Oversee the scoring Index entries on the basis on the data gathered, together with Methodology Expert and Editor;
- Develop a concept for the Index launch event and oversee its smooth implementation;
- Ensure the publication of the Index annual report, liaising with designers and data visualisation experts;
- Liaise with consultants/service providers to ensure a timely and qualitative delivery of services;
- In cooperation with the communication and advocacy manager at the Secretariat, prepare and implement a communication and advocacy strategy around the results;
- Launch the new process, drafting the timeline and recruiting experts;
Support and management of Working Group 3 (15%)
- Work in coordination with Working Group 3 coordinators to support the management of the group;
- Support groups’ initiatives and oversee the production of policy input, including the Forum’s contribution on European Green Deal related events and processes;
- Manage the procedure of nominating Forum representatives to a number of official Eastern Partnership events taking place under Platform 3;
- Organise the meeting of Working Group 3 in connection with the Annual Assembly;
Support to the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly (15%)
- In cooperation with other members of the team, participate in the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly;
- Develop concepts and agendas for some sessions, ensuring their smooth implementation;
- Any other duties as may be assigned or required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in European Studies, International Relations, International Affairs or related field;
- Minimum of 3 years of research and project management experience in a similar position, preferably in an international environment;
- Knowledge of and interest in the Eastern Partnership countries and the EU policies vis-à-vis EaP countries;
- Has at least a basic understanding of statistics, and is able to convert questionnaire results into qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Has experience using national and international statistical databases (OECD, UN, EUROSTAT);
- Preferably has experience using Infogr.am or other data visualization tool and MailerLite (or other mail manager software);
- Skills in using database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software;
- Language skills:
– Excellent written and spoken English;
– Preferably some knowledge of Russian;
- Strong ability to establish priorities, work within tight timelines and multi-task;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with high level of resilience;
- Good team player with strong inter-personal skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Holding the legal permission to work in Belgium (The Secretariat is not in a position to assist with obtaining the permission to work in Belgium).
What we offer
- An interesting and challenging role;
- Space for development of new ideas;
- Excellent networking opportunities;
- Attractive remuneration;
- Being part of a small, friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district.
Applications and interviews
CV and motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 May 2021 with the reference: “EaP Index Manager”. The applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis starting the date of the publication of the vacancy. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. For further questions about the position, please contact Tania Marocchi (email@example.com).