Ecosystem Approach to Hydropower
Facilitating the implementation of European requirements to development of hydropower sector in states of the EU Eastern Partnership
National Ecological Centre of Ukraine conducted this re-granting project from March to November 2019 together with the Moldova-based International Association of River Keepers “ECO-TIRAS“, the Armenian Ecological and Cultural NGO “KHAZER”, Azerbaijan Ornithological Society, as well as “Ecosphere” NGO from Ukraine. The multi-national project team aimed at facilitating the implementation of SEA and EIA procedures, stipulated by the horizontal EC Directives and relevant Conventions. Furthermore, they set out to promote the ecosystem approach to hydropower development and integrated water resources management. During the Civili Society Forum’s 11th Annual Assembly in Brussels in December 2019, this project won the annual Re-granting Award of the EaP CSF.
Available for download
- Policy paper “Ecosystem approach to hydropower: facilitating the implementation of European requirements to development of hydropower sector in states of Eastern Europe Partnership”, Tarasova, Havryliuk, Trombitzky et al., 2019.
- Press Conference, Kyiv, 23 December 2019
- EN, UA, RU Press release Chișinău Workshop, 28 June 2019
- EN, UA, RU Press release Yerevan workshop, 12 July 2019
- EN, UA, RU Press release Baku workshop, 26 July 2019