Call for Consultants
Developing the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of EaP CSF
Ensuring the promotion of diversity, inclusiveness, gender equality and equity is one of the fundamental values shared by the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum’s (EaP CSF) members and is central to the fulfillment of EaP CSF’s mission. Currently, the Forum plans to strengthen its approach towards gender mainstreaming that will provide policy guidance and operational support to its members. To fulfill this need, the Steering Committee (SC) invites a consultant to design the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of the Forum and its priority areas based on the input of Forum’s members.
Duties, responsibilities and expected results
- Conduct a rapid gender organizational assessment based on the review of the current regulations, practices, and will identify the areas that require a strengthened approach in terms of gender awareness within EaP CSF structural units (i.e. Steering Committee / National Platforms / Working Groups / Secretariat) and their operational procedures and responsibilities. Interviews with at least eight representatives of different structural entities of the EaP CSF will be conducted.
- Propose the structure of the strategy that will include, among others, a conceptual framework, goals and strategic objectives (to be achieved within a specific timeframe i.e. 2020 – 2025), institutional settings, working and communication methods.
- Come up with recommendations on how to address current statutory or operational shortcomings that may prevent the Forum from the full implementation of the Strategy.
Due to the transversal nature of the Gender Mainstreaming Strategy of the Forum, all EaP CSF bodies will actively support and contribute in accordance with their role to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Strategy. All the communication related to the elaboration of the Strategy will be conducted in English. The final strategy will be adopted at the General Assembly of the EaP CSF.
Required expertise and eligibility criteria
Qualifications and skills
- Postgraduate university degree or equivalent with relevant work experience in gender studies or equivalent (political science/ international relations/ development studies, etc.);
- Good understanding of organizational structures operations and policies of non-governmental organisations and familiarity with EaP CSF processes and structures;
- Good understanding of the challenges and limitations, as well as opportunities of non-governmental organisations to integrate gender mainstreaming in their activity (operations/ programmes/ policies/ structure/ internal and external communication/ overall practices);
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of international/ regional agreements and initiatives on gender equality and equity, with a focus on the Eastern Partnership region;
- 5-7 years’ experience in advising international organisations and particularly NGOs on gender mainstreaming processes and in undertaking organizational gender assessment diagnosis;
- Strong writing and communication skills in English.
- Launch of the call for applications: September 23, 2019
- Applications deadline: October 21, 2019
- Selection: October 25, 2019
- Signature of the contract with the selected consultant: November 4, 2019
- Rapid assessment of the current EaP CSF practices: by December 1, 2019
First draft of the strategy: by December 1, 2019, at the latest
Final draft of the strategy: December 2019/ January 2020
Expected workload: 8 – 10 working days
Location of the assignment: home-based
The current assignment does not involve travelling to the Eastern Partnership Countries.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by Tuesday, October 21, 2019, 18h00 CET by sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: EaP CSF – GMS application)
- CV (maximum 2 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English)
- Methodology (maximum 2 pages, explaining how the work will be conducted)
- Financial proposal (specifying a total lump sum amount for the task specified in this call)
EaP CSF applies fair and transparent recruitment process that will take into account both the expertise and skills of the applicants, as well as their financial proposal.