Call for Applications: EaP Index Editor
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking for an editor to support the realisation of its Eastern Partnership Index 2021 scheduled for publication in October/November 2021.
Terms of Reference
Location: Brussels or distantly
Contract duration: June-December 2021
Type of contract: consultancy contract
Indicative number of hours: 160 hours spread from June to early December; the workload will be peaking during the period August-October.
Remuneration: 10,000 €. All taxes stemming from the consultancy will be covered by the consultant.
- Within the peer-review process, participating in focus groups/conference calls for each group of experts (13) (thematic groups) to make the final review of scores;
- Together with Methodology Expert and Project Manager, advise on scoring Index entries on the basis on the data gathered;
- Assistance to the Project Manager in updating and cross-check of data (incorporating inputs from various experts into one document, basic checking of the data’s quality, adding comments/data from external peer-review, running the final version by national managers);
- Co-editing the whole narrative report and sectoral analysis;
- Drafting the general narrative parts and the list of recommendations that will be presented in the narrative and incorporating into the narrative EaP CSF priorities under the guidelines provided by the Project Manager;
- Input to the Index advocacy strategy, in collaboration with Project and Advocacy Managers;
- Moderating/representing in the panels of EaP Index 2021 or related EaP CSF events.
- Final scores excel sheet;
- Introduction text and recommendations;
- Editorial review of in-depth sectoral analysis chapters;
- Event moderation and speaking.
- Solid editorial experience;
- Experience in producing analytical reports, policy papers, etc.;
- Good knowledge of the Eastern Partnership region and Eastern Partnership policy;
- Previous experience working with Indexes will be considered an asset;
- Sound written and spoken English.
About the EaP Index
The Eastern Partnership Index is a composite index charting the progress made by the six Eastern Partnership countries towards sustainable democratic development and European integration. The Index measures steps taken on the path towards good governance, including the observance and protection of democracy and human rights, sustainable development, and integration with the European Union. More about its methodology can be read here.