Job opportunity with Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Call for Applications: Communications Manager
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking to appoint a full-time Communications Manager to join our Secretariat team as soon as possible.
Under the guidance of the Secretariat’s Director the Communications Manager shall:
Develop and implement communication strategy and communication plans with the goal of increasing the visibility of the Forum;
Successfully communicate the activities of the Forum externally and internally;
Develop website and social media content and provide regular updates to the organisation’s website, Facebook, Twitter, and other accounts in English and Russian;
Coordinate communications campaigns of the Forum;
Write, proofread and edit all types of information material provided by the Forum to its members and external stakeholders in coordination with Advocacy and Membership Manager (statements, press releases, speeches, position papers, website content, newsletters, publications, etc.);
Support the activities of the Working Group 4 ‘’People to People contacts’’ including the participation of members in the EaP official architecture, annual Working Group meeting and Working Group meeting during the Annual Assembly;
Maintain strong relationships with media representatives, relevant stakeholders and CSF participants;
Respond to press and other enquiries;
Maintain and update a database of journalists and media contacts;
Contribute to organising conferences, workshops, seminars and other events organised by the Secretariat;
Manage the outsourced translation services;
Coordinate the outsourced graphic design services and audio-visual services;
Represent the Secretariat/Forum at conferences, seminars, official meetings and other relevant networks and fora;
Other duties as assigned.
- A good knowledge of communication tools;
- Good understanding of the workings of the EU institutions, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society in the EaP;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, European Studies, International Relations or other related field;
- Fluent in English and Russian and able to interact verbally and in writing with professionalism;
- Capacity to draft clear and concise correspondence and effectively convey messages in English and Russian;
- Good understanding of website management and social media;
- Minimum five years of relevant working experience in an international setting in communications (consultancy, NGO, or an international organisation) with at least two years of working experience in Brussels;
- Independent, problem solver, team player;
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills;
- Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills;
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe.
What we offer:
- Be part of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum, an official stakeholder of the Eastern Partnership;
- Play a key role in influencing the policies of the EU vis-a-vis the Eastern Partnership countries and support the participants of the Forum in implementing projects aimed at facilitating the democratic and economic reforms;
- Be part of a friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district;
- CDI under Belgian law;
- Competitive remuneration package.
Applications and interviews
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and Motivation Letter to [email protected]eu by 23 May with the reference: “Communications Manager”. Only shortlisted candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For the time of the official lockdown in Belgium, the work will be conducted from home. Despite teleworking, the candidate must have a valid work permit in Belgium.
For further questions, please contact [email protected].