Call for Internship
EaP CSF Index Intern
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF or the Forum) is looking for an intern to work in the team of the EaP CSF Secretariat for 6 months. The internship aims to support the work of the EaP Index and Membership Manager and the Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager.
Description of the role
The selected intern will assist in the production of the EaP Index and managing relations with the members, as well as provide support to the EaP CSF Secretariat team on administrative and event management tasks, in particular related to the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly.
The Eastern Partnership Index charts the progress made by the six Eastern Partnership countries towards sustainable democratic development and European integration. The Index measures steps taken on the path towards good governance, including the observance and protection of democracy and human rights, sustainable development, and integration with the European Union. It is produced yearly by the EaP SCF in cooperation with over 70 experts.
- Conducting desk Research on different aspects of EaP countries policies;
- Performing event management tasks related to the organisation of the EaP CSF Annual Assembly;
- Data gathering;
- Drafting texts, emails and reports;
- Liaising with members of the Forum and contacts in Brussels and EaP countries;
- Working on the EaP CSF membership database and mailing lists;
- Assisting on internal statutory processes.
Profile of the candidate
- Has a good an understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
- Is a recent graduate in European Studies, International Relations or other related field;
- Has an advanced command of English and Russian, with proven drafting ability; any other language from the EaP region is an advantage;
- Preferably has experience using Infogr.am or other data visualization tool and MailerLite (or other mail manager software);
- Preferably has experience using national and international statistical databases (OECD, UN, EUROSTAT);
- Is flexible to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office.
What we offer
- Small internship stipend covering daily expenses and local transport in Brussels;
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
- Skills enhancement and career mentorship;
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills.
Interested candidates should submit:
- CV in English (max. 2 pages)
- Motivation letter in English (max. 1 page)
Candidates are also encouraged to submit one recent writing sample (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples).
The application should be sent to email@example.com with the reference: “EaP CSF Internship” by Friday, November 1, 2019.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype at the end of October (between November 4 – 8, 2019).
The traineeship is based in Brussels and the candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium.