EaP CSF Working Group “Environment, climate change and energy security” deals with the main issues on the agenda of EaP Thematic Platform 3. It is also involved in the Panel on Environment and Climate Change under Platform 2.
The Working Group is open to participation of colleagues from Working Group 2 “Economic integration and convergence with EU policies”, as both Working Groups (and respective Thematic Platforms) deal with sustainability issues such as Green Economy.
The Panel on Environment and Climate Change of the Eastern Partnership aims at fostering cooperation and knowledge exchange on environmental governance issues, climate change, and green economy.
Goals of the Working Group
The following content related goals of the Working Group were agreed on by its members:
- Energy security and climate change:
Shape a complex integrated sustainable energy policy for the EaP region, which takes into account national interests and aims to improve environmental protection (incl. biodiversity), energy efficiency, as well as the capacity to face climate change and to mitigate dependency on energy imports or on one energy carrier.
- Environment, biodiversity, and agriculture:
Support the integration of environmental aspects into all national policies of EaP countries (e.g. industry, transport, regional development, budget, (organic) agriculture, forestry, EU acquisition compliance, in particular through promotion of Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Information, education, capacity building, and awareness raising:
Implement the principles of education for sustainable development in national educational systems, promote the transfer of knowledge from EU to EaP countries, and conduct a broad public awareness raising campaign on energy efficiency and renewable energies
Meetings and Reporting
Ina Coseru, National Environmental Center | email@example.com
Ana Otilia Nutu, Expert Forum, EU Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Assessment Watch (Implementation of SEA and EIA tools: civil society monitoring of the situation in the target countries) (International charitable organisation “Information Center “Green Dossier”, Ukraine)
- EURO AQUA: AA-driven Integrated Local Water Governance in Eap (Peipsi Center for Transboundary Cooperation, Estonia)
- Transparent Energy Trading in Secessionist Regions (Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewables ‘Pro-Energy’, Moldova)
- Energy watchdog coalition (Expert Forum, Romania)
- Smart waste management in Eastern Partnership Countries (Good Deeds, Ukraine)
- Advancing Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine for the European Environmental Governance Reforms (MAMA-86, Ukraine)