Call for consultancy services: research, operational and strategic support for EaP CSF Working Group 4
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking for a Working Group (WG) consultant to provide EaP CSF Working Group 4 with research, operational and strategic support throughout its yearly activities. The duration of the contract is July – December 2021; potentially can be extended for 2022 and 2023.
Responsibilities and indicative deliverables
- Support WG4 with technical expertise on several thematic areas (i.e. youth, culture, education, research and innovation);
- Follow the relevant policy/political processes at the EU institutions level and identify those that have an implication for the EaP countries, and the thematic areas covered by WG4;
- Support to members in identifying key counterparts in EU institutions for advocacy in Brussels on EaP;
- Conduct desk research and collect input from members and from existing products of the Forum (i.e. re-granting projects, policy papers, statements) on dedicated topics at stake;
- Contribute to and review policy input drafted by WG4 members/ WG4 coordinators/ Secretariat staff;
- Provide a comparative regional analysis and perspective over given topics;
- Support the WG4 coordinators and the Secretariat in shaping WG4 meeting agenda during EaP CSF Annual Assembly (29 Nov – 3 Dec, 2021);
- Design and draft written products i.e. WG4 meeting agenda, internal/ external event concepts and questions to speakers, research notes, policy briefs, statements, terms of reference, etc. in cooperation with WG4 Coordinators and Secretariat staff;
- Coordinate the collection of input from members for the Forum’s participation in the EaP Platform 4 meetings on “People-to-People contacts” and its respective Panels on: (1) Panel on Education, Culture and Youth; (2) Panel on Research and Innovation; (3) Panel on Migration, Mobility and IBM.
The list of indicative deliverables includes:
- Policy papers drafts;
- Detailed WG4 meeting concepts, agendas and reports;
- Desk-based and participatory research products (on a case by case basis);
- Suggestions for an improved participation of the WG4 in EaP Platform 4 meeting and its respective panels and other high-level meetings;
- Written contributions to the overall operation of WG4 and its activities;
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and deliverables. Both are subject to review on a regular basis, in agreement with the Consultant.
General qualifications of the consultant
- Postgraduate university degree public policy, international relations, cultural and/or educational studies etc. with demonstrated, relevant thematic expertise and work experience on youth, culture. Education and research related topics;
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and EU’s foreign affairs, in particular towards EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood and any related flagship initiatives or programmes; contacts with EU stakeholders;
- Good understanding of indicators and capacity to provide qualitative analysis on given topics (youth, education, culture, research);
- Experience of work in CSO not less than 5 years, good understanding of organizational structures operations and policies of non-governmental organisations and familiarity with EaP CSF processes and structures;
- Good understanding of principles of meaningful participation in public policy decision-making on the WG4 topics;
- Capacity to understand and assess the opportunities, challenges and limitations of structures such as EaP CSF Working Groups;
- Good desk and participatory research skills coupled with good drafting and reporting abilities;
- Good command of English (mandatory) and of Russian (desirable); knowledge of any other EaP and EU languages is appreciated;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Experience working with EaP CSF is a plus.
Duration and location of the assessment and estimated workload
Expected workload: between 2h/week and 20h/week, depending on the calendar of activities of WG4 and the agreed responsibilities with each consultant;
Duration of the assignment: until the end of 2021 (with possibility of extension in 2022 and 2023)
Location of the assignment: home-based
The current assignment does not involve travelling to the Eastern Partnership Countries.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by 04 June 2021, 23.59 CET by sending the following documents to email@example.com (Subject line: EaP CSF – WG4 consultant application):
- CV (maximum 5 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English, explaining why the candidate could be an asset for Working Group 4)
- Financial proposal (specifying expected hourly rate)
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for a brief interview that will take place in June 2021.
EaP CSF applies a fair and transparent recruitment process that will take into account both the expertise and skills of the applicants, as well as their financial proposal. For any additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.