Call for expressions of interest for consultancy services: research, operational and strategic consultancy support for EaP CSF Working Group 2
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking for a Working Group (WG) consultant to provide EaP CSF Working Group 2 with research, operational and strategic support throughout its yearly activities.
The title of the contracts
Working Group consultant for EaP CSF Working Group 2 (WG2)
Duration: May – December 2021; potentially can be extended for 2022 and 2023
Responsibilities of the WG2 consultant and indicative deliverables
The selected WG2 consultant will perform the following duties in agreement with the EaP CSF Secretariat and the two coordinators of WG2:
- Support WG2 with technical expertise on several thematic areas (i.e. economic development/ trade/ harmonisation of digital markets/ structural reforms);
- Follow the relevant policy/ political processes at the EU institutions level and identify those that have an implication for the EaP countries, and the thematic areas covered by WG2 (i.e. EU Digital Single Market Strategy, EU trade policy, EU industrial strategy, EU smart and mobility strategy, European Green Deal, etc.);
- Conduct desk research and collect input from members and from existing products of the Forum (i.e. re-granting projects, policy papers, statements) on dedicated topics at stake;
- Contribute to and review policy input drafted by WG2 members/ WG2 coordinators/ Secretariat staff;
- Provide a comparative regional analysis and perspective over given topics;
- Support the WG2 coordinators and the Secretariat in shaping the annual WG2 meeting agenda and the WG2 meeting during EaP CSF Annual Assembly;
- Design and draft written products such as i.e. WG2 meeting agenda, internal/ external event concepts and questions to speakers, research notes, policy briefs, statements, terms of reference, etc.;
- Coordinate the collection of input from members for the Forum’s participation in the EaP Platform 2 meetings on “Economic Development and market opportunities” and its respective Panels on: (1) Structural reforms, financial sector architecture, agriculture and SMEs; (2) Trade; (3) Harmonisation of Digital Markets.
The list of indicative deliverables includes:
- Detailed WG2 meeting concepts, agendas and reports;
- Desk-based and participatory research products (on a case-by-case basis);
- Suggestions for an improved participation of the WG2 in EaP Platform 2 meeting and its respective panels and other high-level meetings;
- Written contributions to the overall operation of WG2 and its activities.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and deliverables. Both are subject to review on a regular basis, in agreement with the Consultant.
General qualifications of the consultant
- Postgraduate university degree (political science/ international relations/ development studies/ CSO management/ economics, etc.) with relevant thematic expertise and work experience;
- Proven expertise and experience in the field(s) of economic development/ trade/ digitalisation with a focus on the Eastern Partnership region;
- Good understanding of the EaP policy and of the role of civil society in shaping it;
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and EU’s foreign affairs, in particular towards EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood and any related flagship initiatives or programmes;
- Good understanding of economic indicators and capacity to provide qualitative analysis on given topics;
- Good understanding of organizational structures operations and policies of non-governmental organisations and familiarity with EaP CSF processes and structures;
- Capacity to understand and assess the opportunities, challenges and limitations of structures such as EaP CSF Working Groups;
- Good desk and participatory research skills coupled with good drafting and reporting abilities;
- Good command of English (mandatory) and of Russian (desirable); knowledge of any other EaP and EU languages is appreciated;
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team;
- Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Experience working with EaP CSF is a plus.
Duration and location of the assessment and estimated workload
Expected workload: between 2h/week and 20h/week, depending on the calendar of activities of WG2 and the agreed responsibilities with each consultant;
Duration of the assignment: until the end of 2021 (with possibility of extension in 2022 and 2023)
Location of the assignment: home-based
The current assignment does not involve travelling to the Eastern Partnership Countries.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by 10 May 2021, 23:59 CET by sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: EaP CSF – WG2 consultant application):
- CV (maximum 5 pages, in English)
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page, in English, explaining why the candidate could be an asset for Working Group 2)
- Financial proposal (specifying expected hourly rate)
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for a brief interview that will take place in the second half of May 2021.
EaP CSF applies a fair and transparent recruitment process that will take into account both the expertise and skills of the applicants, as well as their financial proposal. For any additional information, please contact email@example.com.