WORK WITH US
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. Serving as the civil society and people-to-people dimension of the Eastern Partnership, the EaP CSF strives to strengthen civil society in the region, boost pluralism in public discourse and policy making by promoting participatory democracy and fundamental freedoms. EaP CSF is a non-profit, non-government, non-partisan civil society organisation with its headquarters in Brussels.
The Secretariat of the Forum was registered in 2012 as an international non-profit organisation in Brussels, Belgium. The Secretariat serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
To strengthen the capacity of the Secretariat of the EaP CSF, we are offering on a regular basis, an internship opportunity for recent graduate and/or students in their final stages of studies. It is possible to conduct a 6-month internship in our team in three main areas: Communications, Administration & Advocacy or Eastern Partnership Index. The Intern will assist the team of the Secretariat in its tasks, mostly related to communication, advocacy/policy and administrative support and/or fulfil some research tasks for the yearly-published Eastern Partnership Index.
General eligibility criteria:
- Recent graduate or in final stages of their studies in European Studies, International Relations, Public Relations, Communication Science or other related field;
- Valid work permit in Belgium for the whole period of internship;
- Good understanding of the workings of the EU, bilateral and multi-lateral tracks of the Eastern Partnership, and civil society involvement in the Eastern Partnership;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English Knowledge of Russian or any other local languages from EaP countries would be an asset;
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- Supporting the advocacy activities of the Secretariat, drafting emails, minutes, short articles;
- Conducting desk research on different aspects of EaP countries policies;
- Participating in events related to the Eastern Partnership in Brussels and minutes taking;
- Assisting with communication activities (newsletter, social media managing);
- Press monitoring of developments on the Eastern Partnership in the Partner countries and Brussels;
- Drafting articles for the EaP CSF website and publishing them;
- Liaising with members of the Forum and contacts in Brussels and EaP countries;
- Working on the EaP CSF membership database and mailing lists;
- Supporting the organisation of EaP CSF internal and external events and meetings
- Assisting in administrative tasks;
- Insight in the works of a civil society platform organisation;
- Skills enhancement;
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks;
- Possibility to attend trainings, conferences, networking events (upon availability);
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills;
General selection process:
The call for internship is launched every 6 or 9 months and published here. Please note that specific skills maybe required depending on a specific call for applications. However, you are encouraged to send us your spontaneous application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: “Spontaneous internship”. Your application should include your updated CV (max. 2 pages) and your motivation letter (max 1,5 pages) in English. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype. We particularly welcome spontaneous applications from holders of funded traineeship scholarships.
The traineeship is based in Brussels and the candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium.