EaP CSF Call: Membership and Representation in the Policy Forum for Development (PFD)
Please note that this call is open strictly to EaP CSF members
Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking for a representative to the Policy Forum for Development (PFD) and its respective Task Team to which EaP CSF is part of. The selected representative will have a 2-year mandate, starting from the moment of the selection (with a first meeting scheduled already in September 2019).
The Policy Forum for Development is a consultative body, which was established in 2014 to facilitate and promote the progressive participation of civil society (CSOs), local authorities (LAs), private sector and European institutions in shaping countries’ development processes and enabling broader political, social and economic dialogues. PFD consists of 88 members from all the regions where EU development cooperation policies are implemented, including the Neighborhood region.
The PFD’s objectives are:
- Facilitating dialogue on crosscutting issues directly related to the role of CSOs and LAs as relevant development actors;
- Promoting policy debate, consultation and exchange of information and experiences on EU main policies and initiatives in the development field;
- Providing a space for regular update and peer review by all actors.
Further information on PFD, its objectives and latest documents can be found here.
The Charter of the organisation is available here.
The selected representative will represent the EaP CSF and its members at the Policy Forum for Development (PDF).
The role entails:
- Actively contributing on behalf of EaP CSF to the activities organised by PFD (i.e. global and regional meetings, online preparatory calls, consultations on EU strategy and thematic programmes, elaboration of country studies on the implementation of Agenda 2030 at the country level, etc.) participating in person, preparing input in advance in consultation with members and reporting on the meetings;
- Attending and preparing for the Task Team (TT) meetings 4 times per year (with the first meeting scheduled in September 2019);
- Liaising with the EaP CSF membership, collecting input (via e-mail, polls, surveys, discussions), providing recommendations to PFD, and reporting on the meetings.
The main criteria for the selection of the EaP CSF representative to PFD are:
- Experience working in the area of international cooperation and development in relation to the EU and EaP region (i.e. SDG implementation, Agenda 2030);
- Good understanding of the EU development cooperation jargon, key programmes (i.e. NDICI) and documents (i.e. European Consensus for Development);
- Good drafting skills of reports and policy recommendations;
- Previous representation responsibilities in platform organisations or international organisations;
- Well-developed collaboration and communication skills;
- Good level of English (knowledge of Russian is desirable, but it is not a must);
- EaP CSF membership.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in English at email@example.com (Subject line: “PFD representative – First name, last name”):
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Personal statement highlighting how your profile matches with the above-mentioned selection criteria and explaining how you would assess the implementation of one or several SDGs in the EaP region and what are the ways forward for a better implementation (maximum 1 page)
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 31 July, 6 pm (CET Brussels time).