Job opportunity with Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum
Call for Applications: Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is looking to appoint a full-time Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager to join our Secretariat team as soon as possible.
- Provide administrative support to the growing team of the Secretariat;
- Be the primary point of contact for administrative and office management matters and oversee facilities services, maintenance activities and tradespersons (i.e. manage office supplies orders and deliveries, ensure an efficient collaboration with various service providers);
- Ensure a smooth flow of information within the organisation;
- Maintain and develop office and document management procedures;
- Lead the logistical organisation of in-person/ hybrid/ online statutory and thematic meetings, internal and public meetings;
- Manage the process of contracting service providers and consultants for different activities of the organisation (i.e. draft terms of reference, prepare evaluation score sheets, review contracts);
- Ensuring an effective procurement process in cooperation with the Finance manager;
- Maintain, oversee and develop the statutory documents and processes of the organisation;
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with the legal requirements stemming from the Belgian law regulating non-profit organisations (i.e. Moniteur Belge);
- Keep abreast with all organisational and statutory developments;
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Law, Business Management, International Relations or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years of proven full-time professional experience in office management, (I)NGO administration and event management preferably in Belgium or in an international environment;
- Good understanding of the NGO legislation and regulatory practices in Belgium;
- Experience in developing and overseeing office and/or statutory procedures and regulations specific to INGOs based in Belgium;
- Knowledge of office management and human resources administration principles and practices;
- Good understanding of EU procurement procedures;
- Solid ICT skills;
- Independent, problem solver, team player;
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills;
- Multi-tasker with strong organisational skills;
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- Thorough knowledge of English and good understanding of French or Dutch;
- Knowledge of Russian language or any other language spoken in the Eastern Partnership countries would be an asset (optional);
- Ability to travel occasionally to the EaP partner countries and within Europe;
- Holding the legal permission to work in Belgium (the Secretariat is not in a position to assist with obtaining the permission to work in Belgium).
What we offer:
- A challenging and varied role in a thriving civil society organisation;
- Being part of a small, friendly, dynamic and international team in the heart of the Brussels EU district;
- CDD 1 year contract (followed by an indefinite contract, subject to satisfactory performance and available funds);
- Attractive remuneration and competitive fringe benefits (meal vouchers, 20 days of legal holidays + other extra holidays during office closure periods, representation and teleworking allowance, reimbursement of public transport costs, other bonuses, professional training).
Applications and interviews:
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com by 1 October 2022, with the reference: “Administrative and Statutory Affairs Manager”. The Cover Letter must address how your skills and previous/current professional experience match the duties and responsibilities set out for this role.
Please include the contact details of two references that will be available to provide information about your professional experience in case you are shortlisted for an interview.
The applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis starting the date of the publication of the vacancy, you are therefore encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.