Working Group 2
EaP CSF Working Group “Economic Integration & Convergence with EU Policies” deals with the main issues on the agenda of EaP Thematic Platform 2 of the same name.
It tackles one of the biggest ambitions fixed at the Prague Summit which aimed at regional economic integration between Eastern Partner countries and opening negotiations on the deep and comprehensive free trade areas between the EU and the Eastern partner countries.
Goals of the Working Group
The WG2 would like to add the following economic and social issues to the agenda of the EaP:
- Increase the performance of social security and social protection systems and intensify the fight against poverty
- Introduce the principles of sustainable development and adequate responses to climate change
- Facilitate labour mobility and flexicurity
- Support the efforts of those partner countries that are not yet members of WTO to become members
- Support for consumer protection organisations to become part of the new national action plans
- Put in place a programme aimed at upgrading the support of business contacts, internationalisation and market access
- Promote the role of the EaP and opportunities for economic growth, better regulations, social and health safety standards.
The following thematic sub-groups have been created within the framework of WG2 in order to coordinate the work in the respective areas:
Harmonisation of Digital Markets
Coordinator: David Tsiskaridze, International Business and Economic Development Center
Small & Medium-sized Enterprises (SME)
Coordinator: Ilgar Huseynli, Social Strategic Researches and Analytical Investigations Public Union
Agriculture & rural development
Coordinator: Karen Chilingaryan, Consumers` Consulting Center
Trade & related regulatory cooperation
Coordinator: Georgeta Mincu, Centre for Development and Management