When: Monday, 16 July 2018, 16:00 — 18.00
Where: Permanent Representation of the Republic of Latvia to the European Union, Avenue des Arts 23, 1000, Brussels.
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) cordially invites you to the presentation of the Disinformation Resilience Index on 16 July 2018.
The threat posed by the Russian disinformation to the Eastern Partnership (EaP) region has been widely recognised. However, effectively countering disinformation remains difficult. Due to its multifaceted, multi-layered nature, disinformation is an elusive phenomenon. It capitalises on local sensitivities, uses a variety of channels, and exploits vulnerable actors and weak media landscapes. Understanding the complexity of disinformation is an essential precondition to define counterstrategies that are tailored to the local context and that take into account best practices.
The Disinformation Resilience Index (DRI) and Report charts national vulnerabilities and preparedness to counteract foreign-led disinformation in 14 countries of Eastern and Central Europe and is designed to be a tool in the hands of policy-makers, media practitioners and researchers. With its quantitative assessment of the level of exposure to Kremlin-led disinformation and of national resilience to disinformation campaigns, the DRI paints a complex picture.
During the event, the results of the Index for the EaP region will be presented and discussed, paying attention to intra-regional differences, vulnerabilities and best practices.
- Registration will start at 15.30 and there will be coffee
- ID or passport will be required to enter the building
- Hennadiy Maksak, Author of the Disinformation Resilience Index, Head of the Foreign Policy Council Ukrainian Prism
- Lasha Tugushi, Author of the Disinformation Resilience Index, Director of the European Initiative Liberal Academy Tbilisi (EI-LAT)
- Ina Coseru, EaP CSF Steering Committee Member, Moldova
- Jakub Kalensky, East StratCom Task Force Member, European External Action Service (EEAS)
- Moderator: Natalia Yerashevich, Director, Secretariat of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum